Call for Abstracts
This is your chance to share your project or idea with people who are passionate about maintenance, reliability and/or asset management.
Year after year, we look forward to highlighting all the excellent work taking place across Canada in the asset management field at the MainTrain Conference. We’re accepting abstracts for workshops and presentations taking place in Saint John, NB between Sept 23 and 25th with a few presentation opportunities virtually pre and post conference.
In 300 words or fewer, tell us about any topic related to asset management. We want to learn from you on how you are actively coordinating effort to realize value from physical assets when physical assets are central to the mission of the organization.
Abstract Submission Process
- Become a member -or- Register as a Content Submitter
- Log in
- Use the Worksheet below to draft abstracts then copy and paste to the online form. The online form has a time limit, therefore this way you will not lose your work
- Submit your abstract (As many as you like)
Speaker Travel Assistance Request
To encourage a wide array of subjects and a cross section of industries, limited funding has been budgeted to subsidize speaker travel, as necessary.
May 24, 2024: Selected presenters are invited to submit their PowerPoint and presentation notes
July 28, 2024: All draft presentations and speaker notes document must be submitted for review
August 2024: All final presentations with speaker notes document are submitted
Sept 6, 2024: Mandatory speaker orientation - regardless if presenting in person or virtual
September 2024: Pre-Conference Presentations
September 23-25 2024: Live MainTrain Conference
October 1 & 3 2024: Post-Conference Virtual Presentations
December 31 2024: Virtual conference closes (includes all in-person & virtual presentations)
Benefits of Presenting
- Connect with your industry peers through promotion, program, and the conference platform
- Learn from delegates on what is being asked in your industry through the question-and-answer period of your presentation
- Contribute to the advancement and education of attendees by showcasing your work, lessons learned, success stories, results, and expertise
- Receive a discounted rate to attend the MainTrain Conference & certificate of presentation
Abstracts should follow all submission guidelines and are reviewed by the planning committee for consideration based on the rating criteria listed below.
- Will this topic attract an audience?
- Is topic of current interest?
- Will the speaker’s experience related to the topic draw an audience?
- Is what the audience will learn clear?
- Will the speaker be credible in the eyes of the audience?
- Is presenter new to speaking at a PEMAC event? (Higher points for new speakers)
- Is the presentation non-promotional? (1 very promotional, 5 not at all)
Do you want to guarantee a speaking opportunity?