Maintenance Management Professional Certificate Program
COVID-19 Notice: Our Maintenance Management Professional program has always been available online through Northern Lakes College. Several other teaching institutions are making the switch to online learning as well to be able to carry on their currently planned courses. and are all going ahead as planned. Consider this opportunity to invest in your professional development.
The Maintenance Management Professional certificate program focusses on the tools, techniques, strategies and skills necessary for effective management of a business’s existing physical assets. Graduates have the knowledge and skills to drive improvements in uptime, production capacity, equipment reliability, safety, environmental compliance, economic life of assets, return on investment and effective communication between departments.
Teams of PEMAC volunteers have developed and maintain the MMP program curriculum. PEMAC qualifies the instructors and authorizes teaching institutions to offer the program.
Module 1 – An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management (15 hours)
Module 2 – Production and Operations Management for the Maintenance Manager (30 hours)
Module 3 – Human Resources Management for the Maintenance Manager (30 hours)
Module 4 – Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager (30 hours)
Module 5 – Developing and Implementing Maintenance Tactics (30 hours)
Module 6 – Maintenance Work Management (30 hours)
Module 7 – Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (30 hours)
Module 8 – Capstone Project
It is recommended that Module 1 be studied first and required that Module 8 be taken last. Otherwise the courses can be undertaken individually and in any order.
MMP Certification from PEMAC
MMP Certification from PEMAC and the right to use the letters "MMP" behind your name is distinct from the education program. A separate application to PEMAC is required and you do not necessarily have to complete all of the courses to meet the requirements.
More about MMP Certification
Each Teaching Institution has developed an offering strategy that seems to work best for most participants in their local region. Note that each institution is generally also able to do custom or on-site offerings. If none of those options is accessible, you can try an online offering. These are very well received by participants.
Examples of various offering models include:
Face to face - evening schedule or daytime schedule
On Site - You can inquire with any of the teaching institutions to learn about the possibility of on-site or customized offering models as well. If a particular teaching institution is not responsive, please check in with our Professional Development manager at email@example.com for alternatives.
How to Enroll
Click here to find the Teaching Institution nearest you.
Features and Benefits
Improve the performance of your organization through learning that is:
Accessible and Applied
- Accessible to mid-career professionals
- Instructors are most typically practicing professionals
- Opportunities to apply the learning to the participants' workplace context are included in projects and assignments
- Opportunities to meet and share learning with peers from a variety of regions (online), backgrounds and industries
- Each program culminates in a final project where the participants apply key concepts from each of the courses
- Designed and maintained by PEMAC volunteers
- Independent from consulting services and product sales
- Delivered through post-secondary institutions
- With the bodies of knowledge of leading Maintenance Management and Asset Management professional bodies
- MMP courses are recognized by the Ontario and Alberta Water / Wastewater association for CEU credits
- PEMAC is recognized by the Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP) as an "Approved Education Provider". Consider studying MMP or AMP courses if you are seeking to achieve -or- maintain your CMRP certification
- MMP completion qualifies Journeymen Tradespeople for Blue Seal Certification of business competencies through Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training
- Course completion qualifies for Continuing Education Units for Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Consult your provincial engineering or CET association for more information.
- For a list of employers who have mentioned MMP Certification in their job postings see the "MMP Certification" page
Check out some of the success stories of other professionals who have received value from participating in PEMAC education with an authorized post-secondary teaching institution.
Becoming an Authorized Teaching Institution
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are part of a Post Secondary institution that is interested in offering a PEMAC program in your region.