Individuals seeking global certification for their knowledge and competency in the establishment, updating and management oversight of the application of a specific Domain within an integrated Asset Management Framework (AMF) and prepare and recommend policy, objectives, strategy, tactics, processes and procedures to drive application and improvement.
Aligned with the WPiAM global certification scheme (GCS) the Certified Practitioner in Asset Management (CPAM) certification is awarded to professionals who have shown knowledge and competency to take responsibility for the establishment, updating, and management oversight of the application of a Domain of AM that is significant to the organization’s AMF across a significant area of business. Importantly, this framework must inform, and be informed by, the organization’s strategic objectives.
As part of PEMAC’s suite of tiered, experienced-focused certifications, the CPAM certification currently marks the second milestone within this tiered system, preceded by CTAM and followed by the CSAM certification which has a higher level of assessment criteria, providing a clear career progression path for asset management professionals around the world, seeking a certification that is equivalent.
Apply for the CPAM to demonstrate that you have:
The knowledge and competency to take responsibility for the establishment, updating and management oversight of application of a specific Domain within an integrated Asset Management Framework (AMF) and prepare and recommend policy, objectives, strategy, tactics, processes and procedures to drive application and improvement.
- Awareness and understanding of all the recognised Domains of Asset Management (AM), their inter-dependency, and integration.
- Awareness and understanding of the key requirements for an integrated AMF.
- Competency across a Domain of AM.
- Meta-cognitive Skills.
- Leadership and management skills; and
- The ability to communicate knowledge and ideas to a variety of audiences.
Certificants, as a Proficient leader responsible for a Domain-specific team or as a Domain-specific expert, will:
- Recommend policies, strategies, tactics, processes, and procedures; and
- Drive AM application and ongoing improvement
Refundable deposit on first Certification period:
$225 / year (prorated for August 31st expiry)
Continuing Professional Development Requirements
Minimum total of 150 hours over 3 years in at least two (2) of the following categories:
- Formal education and training
- Informal education (max 20 hours/year)
- Presentation and publishing
- Formal education and training delivery
- Community participation
- Professional Practice (max 25 hours/year)