How to Achieve the CAMP Certification
Receiving Certified Asset Management Professional designation from PEMAC is a statement that you have met, and continue to meet, a certain standard of professionalism. PEMAC lists CAMP-certified individuals on the CAMP registry of this site and licenses those individuals to use the letters "CAMP" behind their name for a specific period of time. To initially qualify you must demonstrate one of the following on your initial application:
1. Complete of all six courses of the Asset Management Professional (AMP) education program with at least 60%
- OR -
2. Demonstrate equivalent education and experience in compliance with the PEMAC " Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition" program.
Congratulations! If you have met the requirements outlined above it's time to apply to PEMAC for your CAMP TM Certification.
1) Order your transcripts (official or unofficial) from Humber College or Northern Lakes College and save/scan them to .pdf format
2) Add to that any PLAR letters you have received from PEMAC
3) Fill out the quick online application for PEMAC CAMP Certification and pay any associated certification fees.
Maintaining your CAMP Certification
When your CAMP Certification expires the renewal requirements include signing off on the PEMAC Code of Ethics, demonstrating a minimum standard of continuing professional development (CPD), and payment of recertification fees.
Starting September 1, 2021 the CPD requirements to maintain your CAMP Certification will be as follows:
Minimum total of 120 hours over 3 years in at least two (2) of the following categories:
- Formal education and training
- Presentation and publishing
- Formal education and training delivery
- Community participation
- Informal education (max 20 hours/year)
- Professional Practice (max 20 hours/year)
The period that will be considered will be from July 1st to June 30th each year. This means that any CPD you undertake from July 1st, 2021 will be counted. The first assessment of whether you have met the 3 year CPD requirements will be with renewals occurring in 2024.
PEMAC Certification includes membership benefits, as well as continued opportunities for you to contribute to the development and recognition of the Asset Management profession.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition is a process that allows you to receive recognition for skills and knowledge that you have already acquired. Whether it's learning form previous post-secondary studies, work experience or independent study, PEMAC recognizes that relevant learning can take place in a variety of settings, both inside and outside the traditional classroom. Obtaining recognition for prior learning can reduce the amount of classroom time required to obtain the CAMP TM Certification.
How Much Recognition Can I Get?
Course 1 through 5 are eligible for PLAR.
Couse 6 - Capstone, is compulsory and therefore not eligible for credit through PLAR.
You must submit an application form and fee for each Course for which you would like to have your prior learning assessed.
Am I a Good Candidate for PLAR?
To help you answer this question, here are some questions for you to consider:
Do you have five or more recent years of experience in asset management?
Do you have in-depth experience related to a specific AMP course?
Has your learning progressed in this area over time?
Do you keep up to date with changes in the field by reading, taking workshops and courses?
Do you network with others in this area?
Can you demonstrate your learning by submitting transcripts or submitting documented evidence?
Prior Learning can be assessed in one of two ways:
- Transfer Credit - If you have completed a comparable course (content, level and length) at another accredited institution, you may apply for an exemption. A course outline and transcripts will be required for the assessment. If you have completed the course outside of Canada, you are advised to have your credential assessed for Canadian equivalency before applying for an exemption. Two organizations that specialize in credential assessment are: ICAS, International Credential Assessment Service, www.icascanada.ca and WES, World Education Services, www.wes.org
- Portfolio / Interview - The candidate submits documentation to describe his or her demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities for each of the learning outcomes of the course. The reviewer may interview the candidate for clarification or additional information.
- Because PEMAC approved instructors are assessed to teach a particular module using a portfolio/interview type of assessment and are held to a higher standard than those seeking PLAR for certification, approved instructors qualify for PLAR for any course for which they've been approved (including 6). A PLAR application and payment of the fee is still required.
PLAR AMP Equivalency Matrix
The following courses have been evaluated and are considered equivalent.
|CH2M Infrastructure AM Training Course + successful exam leading to the achievement of IAM Certificate in AM||AMP Course 1|
|Asset Management Academy - IAM Certificate Training Course + successful exam leading to achievement of IAM Certificate in AM||AMP Course 1|
|PLAR by Transfer Credit|
Course on PEMAC's equivalency matrix
Course not on PEMAC's equivalency matrix
PLAR by Portfolio / Supplementary Interview
- Express interest to get more information about applying for PLAR.
- You will receive an email with more details, application and payment information.
- The average length of time to process a PLAR application, once received, is 4 - 6 weeks.
What if my PLAR application is unsuccessful?
You can re-apply for assessment one additional time for any given Module.
Recognition of CAMP Certification:
PEMAC is positioning CAMP similar to MMP as one of the most meaningful Asset Management certifications in the world.
Qualifies for Continuing Education Units for Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Consult your P.Eng or CET association for more information.
AMP is recognized by the Canadian Network of Asset Managers (CNAM) Education, Research and Training committee.
Employer Recognition of CAMP Certification
We have observed job postings that recommend or require CAMP Certification posted by the following employers:
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo