Call for Abstracts
The abstract submission deadline has been extended to Monday, April 10, 2017.
The conference organizing committee invites practitioners and service providers to submit ideas for presentations and poster sessions for the MainTrain 2017 conference that will be held in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, September 25 to 28, 2017.
MainTrain 2017 will provide participants with the tools to Connect, Learn & Contribute through excellence in Maintenance, Reliability and Asset Management. We are seeking workshops, experience-based presentations, case studies and poster sessions that demonstrate the value realized from maintenance, reliability and asset management improvement initiatives.
An abstract is a 250 word description of your presentation. It is not necessary to submit the full content of the presentation and paper until August 4, 2017.
We are looking for presentations, workshops and poster sessions.
- 45 minutes
- Case studies will be given priority
- Information about new developments in the field are also welcome
- ½ day or full day skill-building workshops
- Workshops are for building skill of the participants around an established area of excellence in maintenance, reliability and asset management practice. These might be either technical or management related subjects.
- Workshop plans that demonstrate focused, interactive time spent on a few key learning objectives will be given priority.
- Information about your site, solution or project presented on a 6' x 3' board (template and easy production process will be provided) and displayed for the duration of the conference. Information and an application form for Poster Sessions is available here.
You can submit more than one idea.
|Defining Value and Achieving Alignment||Asset Specification and Performance Management||Delivering Value||Tools that Enable|
Developing Asset Management Policy, Strategy and Plans
Establishing consensus on required Levels of Service
CMMS / EAM Systems
|Leadership and Culture||Systems Engineering||Best practices/tips for Supply Chain Management||Predictive Tools|
|Risk-aware, long term repair/replacement budgeting||RCM / FMEA||Kitting & Staging for maintenance work||Decision Maintenance / Asset Management|
|The Asset Management Management System Standard - ISO 5500x||RCA|
Condition Based Monitoring (CBM)
|Identifying and managing critical spares||Internet of things|
Performance metrics for materials management
Fundamentals of Work Management (work identification, planning, scheduling, execution, close-out)
Optimizing decisions through data analysis
Best practices/tips for setting up/configuring CMMS
Performance metrics for reliability (OEE, MTBF, MTTR, etc.)
|Performance metrics for work management|
Submissions will be evaluated by the MainTrain 2017 Committee members and you will be notified by the end of April, 2017 if your submission is selected. We will be looking to balance presentations between the various subject areas, regions and industries. In addition topics that address the needs of learners at different levels between 'innocence and excellence' are of interest.
For 45 minute presentations the committee will require those whose abstracts are selected to provide their presentation slides and a 2000 word paper as a final submission. The detailed requirements for final submissions will be provided if your abstract is selected. Final submissions will be due by Friday, August 4, 2017.
For workshops the committee will require those whose abstracts are selected to provide the statement of learning objectives for the workshop, presentation slides, take-away handouts and a brief description of planned interactive activities by Friday, August 4, 2017.